Rewiring Minds Inc. (or “we”) may collect personal information about the users who visit www.rewiringminds.com and all content, services and products available at or through the website, including, but not limited to, associated blogs and forums among others (collectively, the “Site”). Information is collected, used and disclosed in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act (Ontario) and to the extent applicable, the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada) (“PIPEDA”).
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We collect information from you when you register for an account on the Site, place an order, subscribe to our newsletter, sign up to attend a webinar or course, respond to a survey, or fill out a form.
When ordering or registering on the Site, as appropriate, you may be asked to enter your name, email address, mailing address, phone number, credit card information, and/or other personal information.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION FOR?
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalize your experience: Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.
- To improve the Site: We continually strive to improve the Site based on the information and feedback we receive from you.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To process transactions: Your information may be used to deliver purchased products or services, and may be communicated to third parties to facilitate transactions related to purchased products or services.
- To administer a contest, promotion, survey, or other site feature: Your information may be used to invite you to participate in contests, promotions and surveys, on such other features offered on the Site.
- To send periodic emails: The email address you provide for order processing may be used to send you information and updates pertaining to your order, in addition to receiving occasional news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
DO WE DISCLOSE ANY INFORMATION TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We do not sell, trade, or otherwise transfer to outside parties your personally identifiable information. This does not include trusted third parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or servicing you, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential. We may also release your information when we believe such release is appropriate to comply with the law, enforce our site policies, or protect our or others’ rights, property, or safety. However, non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses.
HOW DO WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION?
We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your personal information when you place an order or enter, submit, or access your personal information. We offer the use of a secure server. All supplied sensitive/credit information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our payment gateway provider’s database only to be accessible by those authorized with special access rights to such systems, and are required to keep the information confidential. After a transaction, your private information (credit cards, social security numbers, financials, etc.) will not be kept on file for more than 30 days. With our merchant account, you have the option to save your payment details to make future ordering easier. In order to use this function, you will need to set up authentication using your mobile phone so that your information can only be re-accessed, on your computer, with a verification code that will be texted to you upon request. We do not store or save your information in our merchant account but will, if you request that feature.
THIRD PARTY LINKS
Occasionally, at our discretion, we may include or offer links on the Site to third party websites and their respective products or services on the Site. These third party sites have separate and independent privacy policies. We therefore have no responsibility or liability for the content and activities of such websites. Nonetheless, we seek to protect the integrity of the Site and welcome any feedback about these third party websites. Please consult our Terms of Service for more information about links to third party websites.
If we receive a subpoena, warrant, discovery order or other request or order from a law enforcement agency, court, other governmental entity, or litigant that seeks data relating to the Site (a “Legal Request”), we will make reasonable attempts to direct the requesting party to seek the data directly from you. If we ask the requesting party to direct the request to you, we will provide your contact information to the requesting party. If legally compelled to produce information and unless legally prohibited, we will use reasonable efforts to notify you so they can notify you as permitted by law. We will direct any requests for information under data protection laws to you, unless prohibited by law.